Monday, October 6, 2008

Ruby Barking Got Her Into Trouble Again

Hi,

My neighbour, on my left, has complained about Ruby's barking at night and that they could not sleep.

We used to crate her at night but then decided to let her out and see what happened a few months ago.

Ruby likes to bark at thunder and lightning, airplanes and even some noises that could be of high pitch I believe.

So I believe it has been raining these past few nights and Ruby must have been barking like crazy! When it rains with thunder and lightning, we crate her else she would be barking at the sky and running in the garden too, getting herself wet.

We could not hear a thing as we sleep with our air-conditioning switched on but my neighbour sleep with their windows opened at night.

We used to have similar problems with Jack when he was a puppy as he also barked at cats, frogs, etc..... We also crated him until he was much older and he has mellowed now.

Lucikily, Ruby does not mind being crated and she happily walks into the house and into the crate placed in our laundry area every night.

Here is a video of it :



However, I observed that she has very sensitive ears. One sunny afternoon, she was barking again and I could not see what was bothering her. Then about 15 minutes later, the sky turned dark and it rained.

I concluded that she must have heard some thunder and lightning faraway and knew it was going to rain....!

Anyway, we love you Ruby!

No comments: