Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crate Train Your Dogs

Hi,

I have Jack crate trained since he was a puppy and he love to nap in his crates and we also observed that he likes the small and cosy ones more than the big one I bought for him.

There are benefits in crate training your dog as it is their private space where they seek some peace and quiet when they need it. Also, a form of security for them. You can also use it to potty train your puppy as they will not soil it unless they cannot help it.

And finally, if you stay in a flat or apartment, you may need to crate you dog when you are out else it may mess up your home; eg chew up your furniture, urine or pooh on your carpet, etc...

Luckily, Ruby does not mind sharing her crates with Jack during the day. Ruby has one crate in the car porch and another one at the back of the house, in the dry kitchen. Ruby loves to go inside her crate at night or when it rains with thnder and lightning.

For more info on crate training your dog, please visit my other site dedicated to the subject matter at http://www.squidoo.com/crate-train-puppy where you will see photos and videos of them in their crates.









This is Jack's crate, a bit too big for him ..?















He still likes to go back to his old crate which was meant for Ruby. Jack used this crate since he was a puppy.












This is a new crate we bought for Ruby as the one above was cracking up due to wear and tear and I have to used some industrial tape to hold the cover in place. It is a bit smaller but Jack loves it anyway. Luckily, Ruby does not mind sharing it with Jack but she sleeps in it at night inside the house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there,
Im going to get a beagle puppy soon..and I'm wondering if I should get a small crate first and then upgrade to a bigger or..or should I just get the big one..
and whats the best size of crate for a beagle

David Poh said...

Hi,

I would get a Large size crate that would allow it to be opened into 2 halves. Partly, the puppy will grow into it very fast and it is also more cost saving.
Pls visit my other site on crate training for more photos and videos at http://www.squidoo.com/crate-train-puppy .
Also, drop by at my site at http://davidpoh.com/ for more info on crate training and type of crates .
Congrats on deciding on a Beagle and you may also want to join our Beagle community - Happytails; indicated on my websites.
Regards,
David

Jack Beagle said...

Hi,

Pls visit this posting on my 2 dogs on the crates I used at this site http://davidpoh.com/429/should-your-dog-be-put-in-a-crate/

Hope it will give you an even better idea on how I have used crates on my dogs.

Rgds,

David