Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 Promises To My Dog - The Movie

Hi,

I saw the movie with Jason and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Though it was in Japanese but there were English subtitles.

In short, the story is about a 12-year-old girl named Akari and her puppy Golden Retriever named Socks. She loved Socks and spent practically every moment with him. However, as she grew older she spent less and less time with him, due to a busy life and having to move away when she graduated as a vet and has to work in a zoo. She left Socks with a childhood friend but eventually she was reminded of the promises she made to Socks as a child.

I feel that there is more to the above synopsis of the movie above. It also showed the relationship within the family. The mother died of cancer and she was the one who got her the puppy as Akira wanted one. The puppy was to keep Akira company when her mother died. This part was not clear until the end of the movie when they found a letter from Akira's mother in the dog house.

Also, the father gave up his up and coming medical career as a doctor in the University hospital to be with his daughter.

Father did not like Socks but eventually grew to love Socks too.

There was also a romantic side of it. Akira eventually married her childhood friend in the end.

But the most touching part was when Socks died and Akira reflected on the 10 promises she made to Socks. Most of the audience, if not, all cried or sobbed ... Jas & I included.

My Jack is 10 years old now and greying .... not so active as before though seems healthy.... Jack grew up wtih my son who is 14 now.

Though I have taken lots of photos of Jack and Ruby, I told my family that we must take some more photos with them this coming weekend....

Here is the trailer of the movie I found in You Tube so enjoy ....

No comments: