Monday, May 11, 2009

What To Do With Ruby?

Hi,

Following up on my earlier posting on Ruby bullying Jack, I was so upset by what I saw.

My immediate reaction was to find Ruby a new home and until then she has to be restricted and not bully Jack anymore.

I discussed with my family that evening and here were the options:

1. Find Ruby a new home.

2. Restricted or confined for the rest of her life as long as Jack is around and she will only be let free to roam under our watchful eyes.

3. Can her aggression be curbed or re-trained?

Very reluctantly, we were against option 1 and chose option 2 until further notice.

So Ruby will stayed chained or in her open metallic crate unless we feel that she is allow to be free in our presence. Of course, she is allowed to go and pee in the garden.

Luckily, Ruby does not mind ..... maybe she thinks she is treated special compared to Jack...?

Lately, I also noticed that when I call for Jack, he does come to me..... so could it that Ruby is being crated and he feels safe to do so....?
















We have Ruby in her metallic crate and Jack just outside it.




Or, Ruby being chained up here. With this restriction, both Jack and Ruby can barked at passerbys instead of Ruby going after Jack.....!

David

No comments: